Monday, April 11, 2016

Florida

My parents go down to Florida in the winters and last year they bought a condo in Naples. However, we were not able to visit them this winter due to my pregnancy. After Charlotte arrived healthy and very happy I thought maybe I can still get to Florida this season - but am I crazy to travel alone with both girls (as Andrew has to work)?? Well, we did it! To prepare, the Easter Bunny brought Lucy a Kindle Fire to keep her busy on the flight - she did great both flights, and so did Charlotte. And Jet Blue was so accommodating to us.

Lucy flying in style
Mom and dad are in the Park Shores neighborhood of Naples in a community of 8 buildings that surround the pool, pond and club house. They have so many new friends and quickly settled into this new lifestyle - I call it spring break for senior citizens.

Reading the Naples news over cheerios
Lucy decided to set herself up on their lanai in the mornings to enjoy her breakfast al fresco. Smart girl!

Grandma and Lucy
My parents belong to Park Shores beach, you must be a card holding member to access. It's a great spot and has a nice one mile paved "boardwalk". The day we were at the beach we saw four dolphins, very close in, as they were hunting for fish. So neat to watch them jump up and dive down.

Park Shores beach

Love this action shot

Dribble castles with Grandpa
We went to Clam Pass beach one afternoon - my first time here and I loved it! We took a tram .6 miles out to the beach where it looks like Hawaii. Mom and dad do a lot of shelling in the pass, and the beach was packed.
My girls!

Baby Charlotte

Another first for me in Naples was a visit to Lowdermilk beach. We were there early and got one of the tiki huts to set up underneath. They have a snack bar and a playground that Lucy explored. Another great spot.

Yay for the beach!
We also went to their pool everyday and Lucy did a lot of swimming. Can't wait to get back to Naples!  

2 comments: