Sunday, June 12, 2016

Work and Play

The last six weeks have flown by. 

Highlights include: A super warm welcome back to work from my colleagues, wonderful child care for Charlotte, my term as WIIT president commencing with a 200 person dinner celebration, Mother's Day and a mini-vacation to the Homestead. I will touch on a few.

Growing so fast!
My first week back to work Andrew stayed home with Charlotte. This was so helpful and important as we determined how much milk to give her in a bottle (4oz!) and everything else. This was Charlotte's 10th week - and that Tuesday night she slept all the way through the night, and has continued to do so expect for a few occasions. I went to work that next day with a skip in my step. Seriously. We fully appreciate this given we know what it's like to be on the other side!

The following week Andrew also planned to stay home for most of it while we had in-home child care so he could show her the ropes and work a bit. On the first day of the scheduled care, she did not show up! Not her fault - miscommunication with the agency. "Ms. Ana" is amazing. She has been with us 4 weeks and not only has been the best with Charlotte, she also helped keep our house functioning. 
Smelling the roses
Charlotte also spent some time at the Bright Horizons back-up care on I Street. I loved having her so close to my office so I could nurse before going into work and during lunch (no pumping!). We drive to work on the days Charlotte is there. Day two of this we learned that if parked in a certain garage before 8:30, parking is only $4 with a day care voucher - amazing!! After 8:30 it's $8, still great though. 

Mother's Day really is the best holiday. The last few years we celebrated with brunch at my favorite on King Street - the Majestic. This year they were closed for renovations so Andrew made me a special brunch. We also went to church, and I went shopping. I should also mention, it was a beautiful day - despite a full month of rain and not-so-great weather. Best. Day. Ever.

Lucy on Mother's Day
Going into my birthday week, my dear girlfriends took me to the Majestic as they are now reopened. We had delish apps and dessert and I love the new decor. These ladies always know how to make a gal feel special. 

And as I write my dad's Father's Day card tonight, I recall all my birthday celebrations that were also Father's Day celebrations. Dad grilled BBQ and mom made really cool designed birthday cakes. Both sets of grandparents and my aunt and uncles came over. Being June, the weather in WI was often perfect - 70 degrees, sunny, dry air, light breeze and the smell of fresh farm air. Such good memories. Just a few weeks until we return....and it will be Charlotte's first trip to WI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment